Monday, May 17, 2010

Tito Puente : Hit the Bongo

Tito Puente is probably the most beloved symbol of Latin jazz. But more than that, Puente managed to keep his music remarkably fresh over the decades. A trained musician, he was a fine, lyrical vibraphonist, a gifted arranger, and played piano, congas, bongos, and saxophone. Among the major-league congueros who played with the Puente band in the '50s were Mongo Santamaria, Willie Bobo, Johnny Pacheco, and Ray Barretto, which resulted in some explosive percussion shootouts.
Hit the Bongo appears on the "Pa' Lante ! Straight" album, released in 1970.


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous19:50

    Excellent weblog here! Also your website quite a bit up
    fast! What host are you using? Can I get your associate hyperlink to your
    host? I desire my website loaded up as fast as yours lol
    Feel free to surf my blog Buy Facebook Likes Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:42

    Excellent way of explaining, and good piece of writing to take facts on the topic of my presentation subject,
    which i am going to present in college.
    My site ; digestive enzymes for reflux

    ReplyDelete